• VIP
Anyone know if it is possible to get some help upwards getting my
Son a special needs bike? I have tried for yrs to teach him to ride a normal bike with no luck and have found some online at around £500 designed more like a big trike but cooler as they are bmx design with flames soo he'd love it!! It would mean alot to him to be able to ride a bike like every1 else so
I am desperate to get this for him but £500 is a bit much! Is there any way I could get help with this ?
Thanks so much

Liv xx

• VIP
Hi, we are using a balance bike for our little one at the moment and found it has helped her balance skills a lot but are looking to get something else for her independence and longer bike rides. I hope you don't mind me asking for the name of the website to see if the bike would be suitable for her too? Thank you.

Have you tried family fund or cerebra??

Things can be hard on occasions but well worth it!Heart

• VIP
Yea it's missioncycles.co.uk
Xx

• VIP
Hi there guys,
We did the trike thing this year. We have a Tomcat Trike, and its the best thing ever, They are more expensive but worth every penny, balance is a big issue for my son and it also has carer braking and stearing which is invaluable if his arms are particularly stiff one day.
We got the funding from The Variety Club Easy Riders Wheelchair program. No problems at all.
Both the Tomcat and Variety club are online, so just put them into google and they shoud come up.

• Established member
You could try whizz-kidz (can't do link yet) they supply bikes as well as wheelchairs
Good luck