• VIP
hi i was wondering whether any one could help me my son has ASD and is currrently in a normal stroller which he is to big for as he is a big four year old and i was wondering whether any one knew how to go about getting him a maclearn major buggy as with out him in a pram i cant go anywhere as he has no sense of danger and likes toi sit in the road, run away etc. i currrently cant afford to buy one and cant get help off family fund due to having driving lessons off them and so was wondering if anyone knows of any other way of getting one?
Smile .. smile life is too short ..Smile

• VIP
(03-17-2011, 02:19 PM)darrenbecky1234 Wrote: hi i was wondering whether any one could help me my son has ASD and is currrently in a normal stroller which he is to big for as he is a big four year old and i was wondering whether any one knew how to go about getting him a maclearn major buggy as with out him in a pram i cant go anywhere as he has no sense of danger and likes toi sit in the road, run away etc. i currrently cant afford to buy one and cant get help off family fund due to having driving lessons off them and so was wondering if anyone knows of any other way of getting one?

Hi your OT should be able to help with this. If you dont have one your GP will probably be able to refer you for an assesment.

Debbie x
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, but learning to dance in the rain .....

• VIP
?
Heart mum of 2 Heart

• VIP
(03-17-2011, 03:49 PM)sweetgiz Wrote: getting a maclaren major not going to help your issues :-(

what you really need to deal with is his behaviour and how to keep him under control
i know its not easy with him having asd
i went through exatly same thing where i wanted to keep her in pushchair because it was easier
but i went on a parenting course and help me out loads

what about getting a wrist strap for each other hand may be that could help :-)
Heart mum of 2 Heart

• VIP
Hi, Our OT was unable to supply us one as she did not fit the criteria, but was able to write a covering letter to support our application for Newlife Charity. Our little one has ASD, low tone and Crohn's Disease and the maclare major has been very useful for longer days out. Hope this helps. X
Things can be hard on occasions but well worth it!Heart