• VIP
chloes 3 in june should she get mobilty part? she can walk, but in her own way falls over can not walk far, plus some days can not walk, as drop attacks, plus when we go out we feed in buggy all the time on pump what do we do ? do i try and if so do i do it now

• Administrators
(01-03-2010, 05:57 PM)jacknchloesmum Wrote: chloes 3 in june should she get mobilty part? she can walk, but in her own way falls over can not walk far, plus some days can not walk, as drop attacks, plus when we go out we feed in buggy all the time on pump what do we do ? do i try and if so do i do it now

Applying for the mobility means a brand new application for the whole dla claim.
We got sent the form automatically are we are awaiting the outcome on the claim now.
The form should be sent shortly to you.
You can call the DLA and ask them when it will be sent or if they can send a form now.
How far can your daughter walk without pain or a drop attack.....and how long would it take to walk 50 metres,would it be more than a child without the condition?
When Chloe falls is this on the street on inclines or bumps?
Does Chloe fall equally as much in the house?
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• VIP
she does struggle to walk 50m and she falls for nothing she as artixa and a movement disorder , plus the drop attack are seizure and happens any time goes with a bang she had a big one todaySad and yes chloe just falls

• Administrators
It does sound like you have a very strong case for mobility and providing details are submitted to define the exact issues your daughter faces you should manage to get an award.
I would urge you to start keeping a diary now detailing your average day.
When you go for a walk monitor amount of falls,how frequent,how many times a week also montior when she does fall how long does it take you to care for this as this will help with the care needs aswell.
Also monitor if walking induces pain or problems both at the time or later in the day.
You need to start gathering all the information now to make a clear and evidence backed application.
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• Registered
I got DLA both times straight away and when they down graded me this year I asked for a reconsideration and go back my original rate. I do know how the dept works although I don't do DLA so if I can help let me know x