• Registered
argos seem to be knocking money off lights that would be perfect for a sensory room. im looking for some really big beanbag chairs and i have already got some huge pillows that are really soft, so far so good, but i want to do it right so it might take me ages to get it sorted.

• VIP
ooh good idea bessie, we might look into one of those too!! Thomas likes to hide in tents a lot so he'd probably like the bed cover. We have major sleep issues so it might help keep him in bed longer than 3 flippin hours lol. I was interested in the weighted blanket thread too, may get a makin'

Yeah ours is the fish one, Thomas has a thing about fish and sea creatures. We have ours between a chest of drawers and the wall so he can't push it over
Keely x

• Registered
i have resevred some lights from argos, led lights, a disco ball, a lava lamp and a light projector. most of them had some money off. so now im well on my way to starting. i need to get some touchy feely things and many other stuff. so keep the ideas coming.

• VIP
lol yeah you go Becky!! Well done! Ok another thing I did.... go to a few charity shops, they will usually have a box of material and scraps. I got a selection of different textures and stuck them onto a bit of ply wood.. hey ho you have a tactile panel!
Keely x

• Administrators
this is all great stuff!!! im sure many people will find this thread very usefull!!! you must be a very creative person. I think its awfull that all the big sensory is SO expensive but atleast if you make it yourself you can make it to fit the space you have and not have to try and find the space to fit IT!!

xx