• VIP
HeartHeart Stacy HeartHeart
Mother to Terry 10 MLD + ADHD, Nicole 9 Cri-du-chat Syndrome ADHD Asthma GDD Coarctation, Jessica 4 Cri-Du-Chat Syndrome GDD Reflux

• VIP
There was an article on this in Community Care a while ago called 'life on the toilet floor', I think it was Mencap trying to campaign for more disabled changing facilties in towns. When I emailed my MP about this the reply I got said there wasn't a demand for it, hmmmmm I think he may be wrong there lol x
Mum to 3 gorgeous girls Bethany (12), Amyrose (7) and Chloe (4). Chloe has Septo-Optic Displaysia, Bilateral Schizencephaly, Microcephaly, Lissencephaly, Spina Bifida Occulta, Global Developmetal Delay and Epilepsy. But has a smile that can light up the grumpiest persons day!

• VIP
Its so funny I was thinking about this the other day, my little boy is only 19 months so I still get to change him on the pull downs but he is out growing them in length and our hospital floor is disgusting, most of the time I do change him in the car. Thanks for starting the topic its interesting to try and learn new ways xx

• VIP
Hello maddies mummy

Look out for CHANGING PLACES this is a place where you can go with your disabled child to change them it is like a first aid room has a long bed/couch as such like a toilet but not and so clean. Also make sure you have your RADAR KEY when you are out and about as waiting for an attendant will not make the child wait for the toilet attendant you can get these from FLedglings, radar etc most mobility magazines from about £3.00 will have these to sell. If you are visiting specific places on your travels check with the place you are going to and see what disabled facilities they have or get them to find you a place to change your child. We end up sometimes changing our son on a table i dont care theres no way i can get on the floor and i certainly cant get back up, there are travel changing mats you can get but its still a problem the country isnt up to scratch on this issue i have found out on my travels. changing mats are on ebay or check fledglings out they do teenage ones but i know what you mean we shouldnt have to do this. I am still on the campaign to get the places i visit to put something in place, when you speak to them about this problem its obviously not crossed there minds so we and all of us need to change their minds and put something in place now and for the future. so wherever you go on your travels a polite note to them etc or just ask out right for a room for you to change your child in ive done it and why not. Still looking into this further.

I hope some of this information will help you in your fight for changing your child properly like all mum/dads/carers etc want, my son hates it!

xxx
Angel

• VIP
Diane - many thanks for this, after reading your comment I looked into it further and there's a new Changing Places facility in a new town centre car park which is open 24-7. I'd not have known about this if it wasn't for you. I'm going to go and have a look at it one day this week and will report back about it. Thank you! Smile
Julie xx