• Registered
I put every thing down BUT i did state that DLA was my daughters.had no probs.Blush

• VIP
Although DLA has to be declared it cannot be classed at as a taxable income. When completing a finacial assessment DLA is not regarded nor should the disability element of tax credits
Good Friends are like stars;

You don't often see them ...
... but you know they're always there

• Registered
Aha Thank you Groovy... Didn't realise about the tax credits bit - I'll bear that in mind xx

• VIP
Tax Credits offer two rates of a disability premuim.

Disabled child element £2,715
(If you have a child who is registered as being visually impaired they are entitled to the lower rate without DLA)
Severely Disabled Child element £1,095 (combined to the above figure)

Anyone getting higher rate DLA for thier child is entitled to a higher premuim which amounts to £3810 on top of CTC & WFTC award.
Good Friends are like stars;

You don't often see them ...
... but you know they're always there

• Registered
We do get an extra amount of Tax Credits now, I remember them being adjusted last year, when Cain first got his DLA awarded,(took 6 montsh to process his claim, so had loads of backdating lol) but i'm not quite sure by how much.

But I hadn't even thought about whether that part of the TC should or shouldn't be taken into account when working out my finances
I have just been on the phone to my local JobCentre & now have a meeting with them this afternoon to sort out what's what!!

Thnak you Groovy xx