• Registered
Am slightly confused, can anyone advise please Huh

My middle son is 7 & gets Higher DLA & Low Mobility, I get Carers Allowance & a small amount of Income Support.
When filling out a financial statement on my income do I have to declare my sons benefits...?
This money is paid into my account, but it is his benefit not mine, it pays for essential extra items etc that he needs, and as such I feel it unfair that it be included as part of my 'income' when assessing my own finances.

Thnak you xx

• VIP
The carer's allowance is YOUR benefit, as is the income support but you're right, the DLA isn't your benefit and isn't classed as your income. xx
Julie xx

• Registered
Thnak you Maddies Mum xx

• VIP
Hello CainsMum

Carers allowance would have to be added on as you have to tell them on the tax credits its classed as a job & this is classed as your income. I found thisout recently. You are getting paid to look after your child rather than another carer coming in.

Not sure about the income support though, but would check this out.
x

• Registered
Hi Diane... I do have to declare all my benefits, so this covers Tax credits, Carers, Income Support, LHA/Council tax & Child Benefits....
But I have been told that the Child Benefit can not be taken into account though as it is for the children..Which is why i was wondering about my sons DLA.

XXX