• VIP

we have a appointment on saturday to see the neourosurgeoun at birmingham childrens hospital , i had thought of what i wanted to asked him but have now forgotten what it was lol ,
so i was wondering if any one else knows what i could ask him ,
we saw him in december too but this was a quick in and out appointment cus he was 2 hrs behind ,
jaimee has to see him cus she had a grade 4 ivh in utero and we are awaitng a diagnoses of hemiplegic cerebral palsy , i have just forgotten what to ask him :o( thanks in advance xx
teagan mia 03/05/06Heart
ruby hannah 12/09/08 Heart
jaimee evanna 07/10/09 Heart
jaimee grade 4 ivh hemiplegia cp and global development delay
love my 3 girls all the world mommys perfect princesses xxxx

• Administrators
(07-22-2010, 10:15 PM)ella Wrote:
we have a appointment on saturday to see the neourosurgeoun at birmingham childrens hospital , i had thought of what i wanted to asked him but have now forgotten what it was lol ,
so i was wondering if any one else knows what i could ask him ,
we saw him in december too but this was a quick in and out appointment cus he was 2 hrs behind ,
jaimee has to see him cus she had a grade 4 ivh in utero and we are awaitng a diagnoses of hemiplegic cerebral palsy , i have just forgotten what to ask him :o( thanks in advance xx
Sunny Birmingham Smile
Our neck of the woods Smile
My advice is firstly spend the time you have left writing down any questions you have and dont be afraid to pull out the questions when you are there.
Remember that the more you know the more you can help or understand.

I know from our regular dealings with Birmingham Childrens the whole hospital on a out patient basis seems to operate on a in out in out shake it all about routine so you really do need to have it all ready in your head or on paper prepared to ask before you get kicked out the door.
Its also common for most of there appointments to run behind.

Im suprised they actually run these clinics on a Saturday is it within main out patients?
Not sure what the waiting times on a Saturday will be like?
Did you go on the Saturday before?
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• VIP
hi thanks for replying , im not sure y its a saturday either ?? didnt go on a saturday before so not sure , last time was in the parsons clinic bit by a and e but now its iin the main opd i think ?
i have wrote down one question so far lol i am going to ask what effect the cyst in her brain is going to have on her ?
teagan mia 03/05/06Heart

• Administrators
The old parsons house bit YAK that was horrible!
Only ever had one appointment in there and it was VILE! Blush
Not what you would expect from a hospital which claims to be one of the top ones.
When were you last at BCH as things have changed a fair bit in terms of new wards.
The parsons house bit now has a big teenage cancer unit on top of it looks like a spaceship has landed on top Big Grin
And there is now a 3 story new ward block which houses the burns unit and our new renal unit which we use and its fantastic.
There is currently alot of building work going on on the site to build new theatres as well Smile

Dont be afraid to write down questions and google some as well and go prepared as i know for sure you will walk away kicking yourself.

Good luck tommorow and do let us know how it goes Smile
Thinking of you all
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• VIP
thanks for all your advice i am still only on one question i have racked my brains and cannot think what i am going to ask ,
i was last there in parsons house in dec altho i was at the heamotology department a few weeks back but i really dontt notice the changes as i tend to not look lol bit blonde i am lol

thanks for your well wishes i am sure it should be fine i will report back how it goes xx
teagan mia 03/05/06Heart