• VIP
I cannot see them putting my daughters into any sort of work, Nicole has a severe learning disability and cannot communicate her needs at all, and i'm sure Jessica will be just the same as she is further behind her sister at the moment and they have the same condition (cri-du-chat syndrome).
HeartHeart Stacy HeartHeart
Mother to Terry 10 MLD + ADHD, Nicole 9 Cri-du-chat Syndrome ADHD Asthma GDD Coarctation, Jessica 4 Cri-Du-Chat Syndrome GDD Reflux

• Moderators
if they go to college or further education they will get EMA (£30 a school week) plus a bonus if they reach their personal targets there are special needs colleges or mainstream that have classes just for special needs depending on their levels and needs as they have the same rights as anybody to carry on learning up to 19 then its the fun adult services which i am not thinking about for now Big Grin

thanks debfro i said i cant recall words and that was one of them hehe so couldnt even do a search for it
There comes a point in your life when you realize:Who matters,Who never did,Who won't anymore...And who always will..
So, don't worry about people from your past,there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

• VIP
My daughters are in a special needs school that caters for children up to the age of 19.
HeartHeart Stacy HeartHeart
Mother to Terry 10 MLD + ADHD, Nicole 9 Cri-du-chat Syndrome ADHD Asthma GDD Coarctation, Jessica 4 Cri-Du-Chat Syndrome GDD Reflux

• Moderators
matt was in a school that was up to 19 then tony blair poked his nose in and said they had to change to 16 so they could integrate into mainstream colleges but think he gave up on that idea but too late for matt hehe no problem he is happier where he is no annoying children around Big Grin anyone would think he was born 16 as he shows no interest in children but guess thats what happens when he in a family where one side has no Children and the other only has one that wont go near him as he too noisy for her (she has s/n too)
when your daughters get to 16 they would still be entitled to ema regardless of if they stayed where they are or moved to a college they are still in education after 16 (if its still around by then)
There comes a point in your life when you realize:Who matters,Who never did,Who won't anymore...And who always will..
So, don't worry about people from your past,there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

• Registered
both my girls are in the support group of ESA. they are both in full time special ed school.
Its well worht applying for if your young person is in full time special ed .
You will lose Child benefit and child tax credit if they receive ESA....it works out at £110.00 a week for each of them
Mandy