• Moderators
i think i used the wrong word Blush sorry i struggle to remember words sometimes, the long explaination is that when the Children turn 16 you have a visit from someone at pensions to speak to the child and yourself and see if they are able to take care of their own money (dla) and if not it stays being paid into your bank account, and you sign something to agree that the money is to be used for them and you take legal authority for them i have it written down somewhere but brain not working as only on first cuppa of the day Idea
There comes a point in your life when you realize:Who matters,Who never did,Who won't anymore...And who always will..
So, don't worry about people from your past,there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

• VIP
That's the first time that I've heard of that, i know that in America they have to get guardianship but i never you had to do something similar here. Thanks Corrine
HeartHeart Stacy HeartHeart
Mother to Terry 10 MLD + ADHD, Nicole 9 Cri-du-chat Syndrome ADHD Asthma GDD Coarctation, Jessica 4 Cri-Du-Chat Syndrome GDD Reflux

• Registered
(07-23-2010, 07:54 PM)slharris28 Wrote: That's the first time that I've heard of that, i know that in America they have to get guardianship but i never you had to do something similar here. Thanks Corrine

Hi its called being an appointee so that we can continue to deal with their benefits. Hope this helps

• VIP
Just another quick question, if your child is unable to work what benefits would they be entitled to, obviously DLA, i know i'm asking this a bit soon (Nicole is 7 and Jessica is nearly 3) but since i never knew about the appointee thing i realise i have a lot to learn for when they leave school.
HeartHeart Stacy HeartHeart
Mother to Terry 10 MLD + ADHD, Nicole 9 Cri-du-chat Syndrome ADHD Asthma GDD Coarctation, Jessica 4 Cri-Du-Chat Syndrome GDD Reflux

• Registered
(07-25-2010, 08:27 PM)slharris28 Wrote: Just another quick question, if your child is unable to work what benefits would they be entitled to, obviously DLA, i know i'm asking this a bit soon (Nicole is 7 and Jessica is nearly 3) but since i never knew about the appointee thing i realise i have a lot to learn for when they leave school.

It would be ESA (Employment and Support Allowance) There are two parts to ESA Work related group and support group. The support group is like Incapacity benefit was you are left alone and you do not have to look for work. However they put most people in the work related group and they have to find some sort of work and do courses or they cut your benefit. To be honest this is what I am afraid of my son will not go on a course with strangers and strange noises and he will be penalised for it.