• Registered
Hi Not sure where to post this but I receive high rate care and low rate mobility for my 5 year old son, was turned down for high rate. I have tried twice to get a bb for my child as he is unaware of danger and has massive refusals and meltdowns especially outdoors. His gp says he needs one for his own safety. My council absolutely refuses to give me one even though forms were filled by gp and consultant. They absolutely refuse to give me one and say you have to have high rate mobility even though on the form it says if you have a substantial permanent learning disabilty. They were really snotty with me when I spoke to them. and said they were just following what they were told by dept of transport.

They said there was no right to appeal on the letter and keep taking a four quid admin fee for the pleasure of turning me down!

He had one from previous council but that was before he even got dla.

Any suggestions? I am at a complete loss.

Thank you

• VIP
Do you have a citizens advice near where you are or a carers support office, if so I would go to them show all your information even your gp and consultants letters and ask them to help you appeal evenone has the right to appeal.
Hopful with someone to help back you up will show them your not going to let it go.

Don't give up

Bernie
Don't look down on anyone unless your helping them up

• Registered
Hi

have tried the cab and they cant do anything, do you think going to see local mp will help? He has a fancy new role in government now.

Thank you

• VIP
(07-20-2010, 08:29 AM)amberash Wrote: Hi

have tried the cab and they cant do anything, do you think going to see local mp will help? He has a fancy new role in government now.

Thank you

It wouldn'd hurt, but I can't understand why the cab can't help I know they have in the past over here in N Ireland.
What about any carers groups where you are ?

Bernie
Don't look down on anyone unless your helping them up

• Administrators
Have you tried speaking with the manager at the blue badge department and explaining?
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE