• Registered
my son has a rare bone disorder, but he has an eating problem as well, he is 2 and a half he can go a few weeks with eating very small meals but then all of a sudden he will go weeks and weeks with nothing but liquids, he is on build up drinks he is under weight, does anyone else have this problem ? he is irratable and hard to handle when he is not eating i just dont know how i can get him to be more consitent with his eating, he is an amazing child and i love him to bits but his selective eating scares me is he damaging himself ? im scared as he is getting older it seems to be getting worse

• Established member
hi hayley xx my little boy is the same james is 5 now and got a gastrostomy done 2 years ago as his weight was dropping he doesnt drink very well either still doesnt but gets overnight feed and top ups during day if he not eating xxx i totally understand how upset you are it is so hard xx my lil boy has lissencephaly (smooth brain) so he has always had trouble even when a baby, cant chew, only eats pureed food xxxxx
[Image: S5034407.jpg]

• VIP
My son had a gastrostromy done in March and he's steadily been losing weight ever since. He will eat breakfast and dinner but not lunch. We have tried everything waiting to see a dietician to see if they can help otherwise we will start having to use his tube for extra feeds. He had the tube fitted because of his op and just in case he went down hill. We were hoping he could have it removed but losing weight is still an issue for him. Hate it when he doesn't eat i know i shouldn't complain because he is still eating some things but i'm worried the tube won't ever come out. He keeps getting infection after infection with it and seems worse off in some ways. x

• Established member
aww mel isnt it funny how different things work for different people james tube has been a blessing he's happier (no pressure to eat) healthier (gaining weight) and we have had no probs with infections at all xxxxx i know its hard but just remember it may well come out one day he just needs a lil extra help right now xxxxx take care xxxxxxxxxx
[Image: S5034407.jpg]

• Registered
Im seeing my son's dietician next week, he has just done nearly 5 weeks just on a liquid diet and finally has had a few small meals so can only hope i can build him up before he stops eating again, i think its very dangerous how he stops and starts eating but dr's dont seem to care, i just wish someone could help